Monday, June 10, 2013

Gold Quotes

“The desire of gold is not for gold. It is for the means of freedom and benefit.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Labour was the first price, the original purchase – money that was paid for all things. It was not by gold or by silver, but by labour, that all wealth of the world was originally purchased.” – Adam Smith

“In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value.” – Alan Greenspan

“A gold standard doesn’t imply stability in the prices of the goods and services that people buy every day, it implies a stability in the price of gold itself.” – Ben Shalom Bernanke

“I’d rather get a nice warmup suit. That’s something I can use. Gold medals just sit there. When I get old, maybe I could sell them if I need the money.” – Eric Heiden, 1980 Winter Olympics

No comments: